"Cythonize" not working on OSX?

Zach Pincus zpincus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 14:42:05 EDT 2014

Hey all,

Did this cythonize issue ever get resolved? I can't build master or 0.10
easily because some pyx files don't have pre-built .c versions, while
others do, and _build.py's calls to cythonize don't seem to work. (I know
it's getting called, and I can see the returned distutil object, but cython
doesn't print out the "compiling" message.)

Oddly, importing cythonize from a python session and passing it the same
exact path works, and cython prints the proper message.

This is super frustrating -- I seriously cannot figure out what's not
working.

Also, I think that the cython dependency version isn't actually 0.17 as
stated. I have 0.18 and builds were failing with some complaint about
relative import not supported, until I upgraded to the latest cython.

Zach