GSoC project request for comments

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 11:17:45 EDT 2014

Hi all,

We are trying to make a pretty big decision regarding the API for graph
segmentation methods as part of Vighnesh's GSoC project. The main question
is whether to implement our own graph class and build on that, or to use
networkX. This would add a (potentially optional) dependency to skimage,
but would use established classes an APIs.

Here's where the relevant discussion on the skimage-gsoc mailing list
starts:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/skimage-gsoc/sAhf0ecpHXM/io2LxCU8VC8J

As such a decision has a major impact on the skimage API going forward,
please take some time to respond to this!

Thanks,

Juan.