color detection and change color

Neil yager.neil at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 20:05:45 EDT 2014

Do you have control over the photos? If so, here is a simple approach: have
the model wear a green shirt, as this will make shirt detection and fabric
replacement much easier. Then the basic idea is to (1) convert the image to
a color space that separates color (hue) from intensity and saturation
(skimage can do this), (2) create a mask that identifies "green" pixels in
the image (this will be a range of values in the hue dimension), (3)
replace the green pixels with your fabric pattern.

I hope that helps!

Neil