ANN: imageio v1.0

Steven Silvester steven.silvester at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 19:41:06 EST 2014

Almar,

This is a very interesting project indeed.

We included a copy of Christophe's `tifffile.py` in our repo and are using
that within our PIL plugin for loading TIFF files.

We have an interest in minimizing our dependencies, especially when
considering our Debian packaging.

I could see perhaps *vendoring* ImageIO to replace `skimage.io` and
requiring FreeImage as the only external dependency.

Stéfan would have to weigh in on that.

Regards,

Steve