regionprops Very slow on centroid identification

jeff witz witzjean at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:34:26 EST 2014

Hello,

With the process I've explained before it works at least at 70 FPS, we
still have room for a lot of improvement !

For example we will compute each mark on a specific process.

Finally we don't use regionprops for the real-time purposes because
regionprops can find several zones in a ZOI and we want to considere the
choosen zone to be unique. We use numpy.where to find where white pixels
are and numpy.min() and numpy.max() to find the bounding box instead of
bbox from regionprops. bbox is a little faster than our numpy version but
can find several zones.
We notice that the a median filter on each ZOI increase stability. Once we
get something clean I will send an example.

We already use cv2 as we have implemented the camera grabber class in
OpenCV  (if someone need a complete ximea opencv class mail me), I could
test and compare the speed.

Regards