Sobel

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 00:07:50 EST 2014

+1 on the change. This caused problems for the SciPy 2014 tutorial and
required switching to the scipy implementation.

One option would be to create new functions; e.g. `sobel_h`/`sobel_v` (or
`sobel_x`/`sobel_y`; in this case, it might make sense to match x/y with
the gradient direction rather than the edge direction). Alternatively, we
might consider adding a warning and a `deprecation_warning=True` flag to
`hsobel`/`vsobel`. That way, users can adapt to the change (if necessary)
and turn off the deprecation warning.

-Tony