Example: Scikit-image and trackpy (bubble tracking in foams)

Emmanuelle Gouillart emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org
Thu Nov 20 14:22:31 EST 2014

Very nice! I just tweeted about it :-).

How good is that trackpy library? On Tuesday I was giving a presentation
about scikit-image and someone in the audience asked me if I knew some
good tools for 2D/3D + time image processing, for example for tracking
particles/cells. I didn't know any, and actually I don't know whether
there exist some "classical" and robust algorithms for particle tracking
(like median filter for denoising, otsu thresholding, etc.), or if
everything is very application-dependent. What is your experience about
this?

Best,
Emmanuelle