The Gray Level Difference Vector (GLDV)

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Tue Oct 28 10:46:50 EDT 2014

Dear Artur

On 2014-10-25 12:19:06, Artur Bercik <vbubbly21 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is so nice to find The Gray Level Co-occurrence Matrix (GLCM) in
> scikit-image.
> http://scikit-image.org/docs/dev/auto_examples/plot_glcm.html

There was quite a bit of discussion around this functionality.

https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/issues/863
https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/pull/914
https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/pull/935
https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/issues/899

One of the suggestions was that we rather specify offset than angle +
distance.  Since you are currently using the API, what is your feeling
around that?

> However, I am interested in using The Gray Level Difference Vector (GLDV).
> Is not it available in scikit-image?
> Can someone guide me how to calculate it?

I'd be happy to help you implement GLDV computation, if you want.  Do
you have a good reference at hand?