ANN: scikit-video 0.1.2

Josh Warner silvertrumpet999 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 01:33:23 EDT 2014

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the notice! I haven't inspected the code, but a robust
pure-Python video interface would be very helpful to the Python ecosystem
as a whole. I look forward to trying this out in the next few days.

As a subtle point, I see it is released under the GPL v3. Much of the
scientific Python ecosystem employs the modified BSD license, and we will
be unable to link directly to your package or tightly include it from the
scikit-image side because of the viral nature of the GPL. Also, some of our
contributors would be unable to work on a GPL'd package because of employer
requirements. If you would consider re-licensing under the modified BSD,
cross pollination with scikit-image and the rest of the Python ecosystem
would be much easier!

I know, licensing is the last thing we want to deal with - code is where
all the fun is - but I figured I'd bring this to your attention in case you
were unaware.

Cheers,
Josh