How can I resample an Image in Scikit?

Claiborne Morton claiborne.morton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:59:43 EDT 2015

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to resample images in Scikit Image. Im
not even sure that is the correct terminology for what I am trying to do?
Basically my goal is to increase the size of images by a factor of 4. My
goal is to smooth the edges of shapes within my images, by increasing the
number of pixels. I have tried doing this using the resize function but I
end up with the same rough edges, just on a larger scale. Also the images I
am working with are binary, and I would like this to remain when the image
is expanded. I have tried doing this using resize, but the result is an
image with grayscale pixels, and the rough edges are only magnified. Some
time in the past I was able to get these result using Fiji and Preview
(mac), but am not exactly sure how. I have attached both a zoomed image of
the resize function as well as a zoom on the results I have made in the
past. Also attached is the images that I am trying to multiply by a factor
of 4 (binary_filled_bp). Sorry for the confusing post. Please let me know
if I can clear anything up!

Thanks Clay