How can I resample an Image in Scikit?

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 23:25:37 EDT 2015

Hey Claiborne,

You can use transform.rescale (instead of resize) to scale by a given factor. You can use order=0 to ensure a binary image. That will give you the zoomed-in blocks without the grayscale. To get smoothing, I would try one of two things:

 - get the blocky image, then apply a binary closing with a disk of radius 2-4; or

 - rescale with order>2 and then threshold the image to get a binary image again.

I'm not sure whether either of these will give you a nice enough result, though. But, give it a try!