Google Summer of Code 2015

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 27 17:48:56 EDT 2015

Hi all,

scikit-image is again participating in Google's Summer of Code
under the umbrella of the PSF.  Google today announced the
accepted students, and we'd like to congratulate Daniil Pakhomov
(project: "Implementing a patent-free Face Detection algorithm")
and Aman Singh (project: "rewriting scipy.ndimage in cython")!

We are now in the community bonding period [0], so please join us
on Gitter (https://gitter.im/scikit-image/scikit-image) and let's
have some fun coding together before the projects officially kick
off!

To the students who did not get accepted this year: thank you for
all the hard work you put into your proposals, and please stay
involved and in touch.  We look forward to working with you!

Here's to a great few months ahead!

Stéfan

[0] http://googlesummerofcode.blogspot.nl/2007/04/so-what-is-this-community-bonding-all.html