ANN : FreDo-Editor 0.01dev, a frequency domain image editor

Vighnesh Birodkar vighneshbirodkar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 03:38:47 EDT 2015

Hello

This is to announce Fredo-Editor, a frequency domain image editor.

Website:
http://fredo-editor.github.io/

Source:
https://github.com/fredo-editor/FreDo

Installation:
http://fredo-editor.github.io/install/

Tutorial:
http://fredo-editor.github.io/tutorial/

Fredo-Editor (Frequency Domain Editor) is a GUI for editing images in their
frequency spectrum. It is intended for academic/research purposes. It's
main goal is to help the user understand the Fourier Transform, by seeing
it taking effect in real time.

It can also be used to remove periodic noise from images as seen here:
http://fredo-editor.github.io/gallery/

At this point, only basic square shape modifications are possible. I want
to gather feedback to know what features to add. I intend this to be a
small. handy tool for researchers, students and teachers to explore,
visualize and understand the Fourier Transform and frequency domain
filtering.

Any comments and criticisms are welcome.

*Note:* Fredo-Editor is still under development and its features and
functionality is subject to change.

Attachments
input.png - The input image and its Fourier transform
output.png - Corrected image and its Fourier Transform

Thanks
Vighnesh