Install difficulties - No module named _hough_transform

james.a.f.jackson.2 at googlemail.com james.a.f.jackson.2 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 14 09:40:00 EST 2015

Further, it appears more things are missing from the pip install:

>>> import skimage
>>> print skimage.__version__
0.11dev

>>> from skimage.feature import blob_dog, blob_log, blob_doh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "skimage/feature/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    from ._daisy import daisy
  File "skimage/feature/_daisy.py", line 4, in <module>
    from .. import img_as_float, draw
  File "skimage/draw/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from .draw import circle, ellipse, set_color
  File "skimage/draw/draw.py", line 3, in <module>
    from ._draw import _coords_inside_image
ImportError: No module named _draw

This isn't particularly neat; it appears the dependencies aren't being
fulfilled, or that the binaries available from pip are incomplete (the
version 0.11dev raises suspicion).  If I attempt to download the source and
build, I get the following error:

building 'skimage._shared.geometry' extension
compiling C sources
C compiler: clang -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -g -Os -pipe
-fno-common -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -mno-fused-madd -DENABLE_DTRACE
-DMACOSX -DNDEBUG -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshorten-64-to-32 -DNDEBUG -g
-Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -DENABLE_DTRACE -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -pipe

compile options:
'-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/numpy/core/include
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/include/python2.7
-c'
clang: geometry.c
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'geometry.c'

Which again implies something is missing, either from the dependencies or
the source distribution.  I can't find mention of a 'geometry' library that
would fix this...

Yours,
James.