Equivalent of watershed for cutting connected components of an image of particles?

Adam Hughes hughesadam87 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 19:04:09 EST 2015

Hi,

In ImageJ, one can select watershedding to break up connected regions of
particles.  Are there any examples of using watershed in this capacity in
scikit image?   All of the examples I see seem to use watershedding to do
segmentation, not to break connected particles in an already-segmented
black and white image.

Also, is there a straightforward way to remove particles on a the edge of
an image?  Sorry, googling is failing me, but I know this is possible.

Thanks