Segmentation of multi-channel(>3) images

Ankit Agrawal aaaagrawal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 05:44:53 EST 2015

Hi everyone,

       I am working on a problem a small step of which requires me to
perform segmentation of a multi-channel/multi-band image. That is, like RGB
images which are 2D images with 3 channels, I have 2D images with 5
channels. I looked at the segmentation API
<http://scikit-image.org/docs/dev/api/skimage.segmentation.html> and it
seems to me that all the current implement algorithms work on 2D single
channel(grayscale) or/and 2D three channel(RGB). I don't have a thorough
knowledge of the implemented segmentation algorithms, so I would like to
know if any of them can be extended to multi-channel(>3) images. Thanks.

Regards,
Ankit.