Enquiring about companies that rely on scikit-image

Kevin Keraudren kevin.keraudren at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 14 09:50:24 EDT 2015

Le 14/07/2015 12:51, Emmanuelle Gouillart a écrit :
>> I wonder if a survey on the skimage website would be helpful. I.e., "Using
>> >skimage? Please let us know!" with a link to a short survey.  What do you
>> >think?
> It sounds like a great idea! For companies that are not familiar with the
> scientific Python ecosystem, it is very reassuring to know that other
> companies are using a package.

Thanks a lot Emmanuelle and Stefan for following up on this thread. I
think a survey would be useful to have an overview of what the
scikit-image user base looks like, and what parts of the library are
mostly used. You could have anonymised questions and also ask whether
people accept to have their organisation/company named on a "Who uses
scikit-image?" page.

Now that you have the scikit-image paper, it is easy to track academic
works that use scikit-image:
https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?cites=9047602530582533931&as_sdt=2005&sciodt=0,5&hl=en

Keeping track of companies is more tricky, and looking at the Python
meetings (Scipy, Pydata,...) speakers/attendees/sponsors is the only
easy way I see.

An advantage for companies to publicly mention they use scikit-image is
that Python developers looking for jobs would probably start by having a
look at the career page of companies that rely on their favourite
modules. And it's free advertising.

Cheers,

Kevin