HOG feature extraction

Josh Warner silvertrumpet999 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 19:12:39 EDT 2015

Hi Manan,

First, that is a very old version of the package. Farther up the tree
`version.py` states it's version 0.6.1 - we are currently shipping version
0.11.3. I hope Python(X,Y) isn't still shipping 0.6.1. Before anything
else, upgrade your scikit-image installation if needed.

Second, the test files is designed to test the package, not as direct
examples of usage. They can be helpful to understand how files work, but
realize they are unit tests. We run all files matching `test_*.py` in the
repo using nosetests in our continuous integration builds. We don't want
output from these; they are designed to pass if everything is well. So the
fact that you don't get any output is working as intended, and reassuring.
That means HOG is operating on your system.

The documentation for HOG is located
here: http://scikit-image.org/docs/stable/api/skimage.feature.html#hog

I hope that helps set you on your way,

Josh