extract_edges_after_segmentation

GiorgosR giorgosragos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 06:41:18 EDT 2015

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HJwNDOP7D1U/VP7KITX1mFI/AAAAAAAACXQ/zn1PhAafDCs/s1600/RCA_segmented.tif>

Hi there,

First of all, many thanks for this very nice and useful package!

I just started using the skimage library and I do some image processing in
very noisy angiographic data. After some image enhancement in the obtained
images, I applied a canny edge detection algorithm implemented in skimage
and I came up with the attached image (after dilation and erosion).

Do you have any advice on how could I extract only the vessel edges
automatically from the image? I looked in examples with labels or binary
hole filling but it does not work well for my problem.

Many thanks in advance,

Giorgos