Water-shedding non-circular particles

Kai Wiechen kwiechen1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 06:50:53 EDT 2015

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ALNkfB8SfsI/VRaHXMyexWI/AAAAAAAABN4/7Tass0_ptCQ/s1600/screenshot.JPG>
In order to separate nuclei from H&E or H&DAB stained images I have tried
color deconvolution (a slightly modified variant from skimage.color) to get
the hematoxylin part. It should be possible to extract the eosin (red
colored) part to remove nuclei and particles of thrombocytes prior to
watershed segmentation. However, it seems to be necessary for color
deconvolution to have a neutral and not saturated background. Can you
provide test images not saturated (see histogram attached) and blank field
images?

Kai