watershed

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Wed May 20 02:06:52 EDT 2015

Hi Daniel,

Actually there's a known bug [1]_ in the scikit-image implementation (which
is originally from CellProfiler). I haven't figured it out yet, nor do I
know what the exact differences are to the paper. (And most images are
unaffected.) Are you looking to *use* the implementation or are you trying
to implement your own as a learning strategy? If the latter, you might want
to have a look at my own implementation [2]_ in gala, for which I tried to
follow the paper exactly. But it's way slower.

Juan.

.. [1] https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/issues/803
.. [2] https://github.com/janelia-flyem/gala/blob/master/gala/morpho.py#L212