Help wanted: implementation of 3D medial axis skeletonization

Kevin Keraudren kevin.keraudren at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 7 12:46:17 EST 2015

Hi,

I don’t want to volunteer for this project, but I just wanted to mention that the 3D skeletonization from ITK is easily accessible to Python through SimpleITK, see example below for the lobster dataset. SimpleITK could be used for comparison or validation of the proposed scikit-image algorithm.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

PS: is there another way to load those *.pvm datasets in Python without converting them to raw and hardcoding the image dimension and pixel type? An skimage.io.imread() plugin?