measuring the longest thread of a skeleton

Pratap Vardhan pratapgr8 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 01:43:58 EST 2015

My first thought was what Juan suggested and seemed logical to do that.

As an alternative, you could also (this may be an overfill and could be
slower than network approach) try.

1. From every endpoints of skeleton compute the distance transform (using
flood-fill or neighbourhood methods).
2. Now the maximum distance for above all distances will give you
the longest path in skeleton.

This way you can have the trace path of the longest thread in skeleton in
image form itself.