_intel_fast_memset error - any ideas?

Robin Wilson r.t.wilson.bak at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 18 21:09:59 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to get skimage working on my university supercomputer. I'm sure
I've had a previous version working - but unfortunately the supercomputer
has been upgraded since then. I've installed via pip, but get the following
error when I import threshold_otsu from skimage.filters:

ImportError:
/home/rtw1v07/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/skimage/filters/rank/generic_cy.so:
undefined symbol: _intel_fast_memset

I've reported this to the supercomputer support people, as I suspect it may
be some sort of compiler issue - but they're taking ages to respond so I
just wondered if anyone here might have any ideas. Does anyone have an idea
as to where I should start looking?

Cheers,

Robin