future.graph.merge_hierarchical

bricklemacho at gmail.com bricklemacho at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 16:54:40 EDT 2015

Hi Vighnesh,

I am struggling with both Python and the graph stuff, hope you can help
me.  I have taken discussion off list.

I am using your idea in your blog:  Hierarchical Merging In Action.
Similar to your seg_list[] concept, I plan to store a copy of the merged
regions in a list.  The best place appears to be at bottom of the while
loop in merge_hierarchical (about line 130 in graph_merge.py).   Default
plan is to duplicate Lines 132-136 of graph_merge.py to create a label map:

label_map = np.arange(labels.max() + 1)
for ix, (n, d) in enumerate(rag.nodes_iter(data=True)):
     for label in d['labels']:
          label_map[label] = ix

Seems bit of an overkill to traverse the entire graph each time.   Is
there any other way you can suggest?    All I need is a label map that
consists of two labels, one being the merged region and everything else
grouped/labeled as another region.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Michael.