Opinion poll: feedback URL upon import

Andreas Mueller amueller at ais.uni-bonn.de
Fri Apr 29 21:53:57 EDT 2016

There was some discussion about whether we could use jupyter to get some
feedback from users, i.e. a single opt-in for the jupyter
platform, instead one for each library (which would be pretty bad).

One method that I recently used was greping notebooks on github.
Unfortunately their API doesn't allow
global code searches. Their website does, though, if someone wants to
write a scraper ;)

I wonder if / how other open source libraries handle this. I guess boost
doesn't care ;)
But maybe web frameworks do? We could try tapping other scientific
computing communities like
julia or octave, or go out to web folks?
The scipy stack is probably not the only one that has this issue.