Cropping Image With Edge Detection Results

Michael Alonge malonge11 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:50:28 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have produced a 2D binary edge map from the canny edge detection tool
that identifies circle-like edges in my photo.

My question is if my binary edge map has many edges that enclose a space,
how can I use this map to crop the original photo to make many smaller
photos of those enclosed spaces.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KCm4EGMW85I/V6DOCVSpTQI/AAAAAAAACeM/WraIjvmOl2M67wWfTskMKwjJ-wYmxALOQCLcB/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-02%2Bat%2B9.42.29%2BAM.png>

In the image above, one can see 6 circle-like objects whose perimeter has
been detected. From this, I would like to create 6 arrays that represent
the portions of the original image enclosed by these edges.

What tools might I use to achieve this?

Thank you