Image edge detection

Stéfan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 9 14:40:14 EDT 2016

Hi Dipu

On 9 August 2016 at 08:35, Dipankar “Dipu” Ganguly <dipugee at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I now need to convert “.jpg" and DICOM images into arrays that I can
> operate on using numpy and other Scikit-image algorithms/tools. What
> tools/packages could I use for the conversions (Images —> numpy arrays)?

You can use pydicom to load the DICOM images to numpy arrays:

http://pydicom.readthedocs.io/en/stable/working_with_pixel_data.html

Thereafter, scikit-image can process them:

http://scikit-image.org/docs/stable/user_guide/numpy_images.html

If you have more advanced DICOM needs, such as working with multiple
slices, or reading meta-data, you may want to look at dcmstack and nibabel
as well.

Best regards