Migration to Python 3.x

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 20:28:03 EDT 2016

@Emmanuelle I'm probably among the ones pushing hardest for this, and I can
tell you, I can't wait for this change in policy, and would be sorely
disappointed by having to work in an experimental branch of scikit-image.
Both @-matmul and keyword-only arguments are, imho, compelling reasons to
switch. (Imagine the amount of fiddling with the API that we could do with
keyword-only arguments, without the annoying deprecation cycle!)

@Ralf I would argue in favour of 3.5, for the above reasons and because
anyone who had the temerity to update to 3.4 is very likely to subsequently
move to 3.5. (Self-selected group of early adopters, plus no backwards
incompatibility issues between the two versions.)

Juan.