[scikit-image] Future of nose and issues for scikit-image

Nelle Varoquaux nelle.varoquaux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 08:36:28 EST 2016

Hello,

Both matplotlib and sklearn are moving away from nose.

I think sklearn's way of moving away is both very sustainable and the
transition has been very smooth.
The standard library unittest has been wrapped such that the API
remains with nose/numpy.testing in a utils.testing module. That means
the test suite needs very little modification, and we kept nose's very
nice API.
We still use nosetests as our test runner.

If scikit-image decides to move forward into that direction, I'd be
happy to help with the transition.

Cheers,