Image Classification/Recognition

PS saraf.parang at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 21:37:00 EST 2016

Hi,

To begin with, thank you for working on scikit-image. I am a beginner in
image processing and want to perform the following
classification/recognition task:

I have a set of 10,000 images (4k labeled and 6k unlabeled). It contains
images of people, animals, nature, etc. From this set, I want to recognize
all the images that have people in them.

Can someone please point me to some resource/example showing how to perform
such type of classification? Just in case, if you think scikit-image is not
a good library to perform such type of task, can you please guide me to
other python based library?

Much thanks.