Converted image not displaying

Himanshu Mishra himanshu2014iit at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 06:54:33 EST 2016

Do  io.show() for the image to pop up. It's similar to the matplotlib
drawing where you first draw and then show.

You can also use skimage.viewer.ImageViewer to view the image. Although, I
actually don't know why simply imshow did not pop out the image in the
viewer.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Abder-Rahman Ali <
abder.rahman.ali at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to convert a color image to a grayscale image, as follows:
>

> from skimage import iofrom skimage.color import rgb2gray
> img = io.imread('baboon.png')
> img_grayscale = rgb2gray(img)
> io.imshow(img_grayscale)
>

> The code works fine, but the image does not get displayed, why is that?
>

> Thanks.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/scikit-image/2e444147-2d96-4100-87fd-e375fd737494%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/scikit-image/2e444147-2d96-4100-87fd-e375fd737494%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>