Dropping support for 2.7 in 2020

Stéfan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Wed May 18 03:07:35 EDT 2016

On Tue, 17 May 2016 at 23:47 Emmanuelle Gouillart <
emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org> wrote:

> At the moment, can you estimate the cost of supporting Python 2.7, in
> terms of additional code? (I would say that testing 2.7 in CI is not a
> true cost, since it represents server time and not human time)

It's probably not terribly much, but it does prohibit us from making use of
newer language features as they develop.

I should emphasize that I think it's perfectly reasonable to keep
supporting an older release of scikit-image for 2.7, just not the latest
release.