[scikit-image] statistical region merging

Stefanie Lück luecks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 03:11:12 EST 2016

Dear all,

sorry about the worse problem description! I tried this example
<http://scikit-image.org/docs/dev/auto_examples/segmentation/plot_rag_mean_color.html#sphx-glr-auto-examples-segmentation-plot-rag-mean-color-py>
with
different parameters for SLIC and graph.cut_threshold  but none of them
gave me satisfying results.

I attached the original image, the ImageJ SRM (Q=25) output and the RAG
output (segmentation.slic(img, compactness=20;
n_segments=400), graph.cut_threshold(labels1, g, 10))

The results are quite different, obviously I am doing something wrong. My
aim is to segment each leaf separately. At the moment I am
using felzenszwalb, which gives me quite reasonable results. However I
would like to try everything possible and therefore I would appreciate some
tips.

Thank you for the explanation of the algorithm, that was helpful.

Best regards,
Stefanie