[scikit-image] COSFIRE in skimage?

George Azzopardi geazzo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:23:06 EDT 2016

Dear All,

Together with my colleagues I developed an approach for object recognition which we call COSFIRE. The approach was published on PAMI:

G. Azzopardi and N. Petkov, “Trainable COSFIRE filters for keypoint detection and pattern recognition”, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 35 (2), pp. 490-503, 2013.

Since its publication we have used it in several applications with successful results. There is already the Matlab code available online: https://nl.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/37395-trainable-cosfire-filters-for-keypoint-detection-and-pattern-recognition

I thought it would be great if we could implement it in Python and release it for free in this community. What do you think?

Best regards,
George