[scikit-image] COSFIRE in skimage?

Josh Warner silvertrumpet999 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 16:53:43 EDT 2016

The MATLAB File Exchange used to have terms of use that technically applied
regardless of what the stated license was.  It said essentially that
anything downloaded from there could only be used with MATLAB regardless of
what the license was, thus blocking ports.  To be really safe, you had to
not just have the author's permission but obtain the code from an
alternative source (email, their site, etc.).

However, I just re-read the current TOS, and I can't find those conditions
anymore.  No idea when that changed, but it looks like we're fine.  I'm
glad that clause is history.

Sorry for the false alarm,

Josh