Management of PRs, issues, and threads

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 03:32:21 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 12:21 AM, Stefan van der Walt
<stefanv at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2016, at 07:22, Egor Panfilov wrote:
>
> Remember me hyping around with the GitHub bot idea?
> Here it is:
> - in the source code: https://github.com/facebook/mention-bot
> - in action:
> https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/pull/4239#issuecomment-245180925
>

> This is cute.  Although I think what could be even more useful is a feature
> I saw elsewhere: instead of clicking the merge button, you instruct it to
> re-run the test suite and merge upon successful completion.  This way your
> PRs are always checked against latest master, not whatever was around when
> they were first made.

Yes, this was the homu bot - we have a copy of that running on the
nipy server in Berkeley.    Matthias B of IPython fame was talking
about sharing some work to refactor the homu code into something more
general to extend the range of github tasks it could do - maybe
including mention-automation like the face-book-bot.

Matthew