Management of PRs, issues, and threads

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 02:13:29 EDT 2016

> This way your PRs are always checked against the latest master, not
whatever was around when they were first made

I thought Travis did this already?

https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/pull-requests

"Rather than test the commits that have been pushed to the branch the pull
request is from, we test the merge between the origin and the upstream
branch."

However this would imply that Travis wouldn't do anything when you can't
automatically merge. I don't remember whether this is True...

On 10 September 2016 at 5:33:04 PM, Matthew Brett (matthew.brett at gmail.com)
wrote:

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 12:21 AM, Stefan van der Walt
<stefanv at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2016, at 07:22, Egor Panfilov wrote:
>
> Remember me hyping around with the GitHub bot idea?
> Here it is:
> - in the source code: https://github.com/facebook/mention-bot
> - in action:
> https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/pull/4239#issuecomment-245180925
>

> This is cute. Although I think what could be even more useful is a
feature
> I saw elsewhere: instead of clicking the merge button, you instruct it to
> re-run the test suite and merge upon successful completion. This way your
> PRs are always checked against latest master, not whatever was around
when
> they were first made.

Yes, this was the homu bot - we have a copy of that running on the
nipy server in Berkeley. Matthias B of IPython fame was talking
about sharing some work to refactor the homu code into something more
general to extend the range of github tasks it could do - maybe
including mention-automation like the face-book-bot.

Matthew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/scikit-image/CAH6Pt5phve%3DS1t1haAVT%3D3%3DRhwwDBdZzO9Mqh1ED4_cDx2B-Pw%40mail.gmail.com.