[scikit-image] How to move pull requests forward (devs, please read)

Nelle Varoquaux nelle.varoquaux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 18:45:21 EDT 2017

On 13 April 2017 at 15:36, Stefan van der Walt <stefanv at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 15:28, Nelle Varoquaux wrote:
>
> For style-changes (such as pep8/flake8) elements, I find that very often
> new contributors don't know they can configure their text editors to
> display the pep8/pyflakes violations. Very often, it is a question of
> mentoring them through the process of configuring their text editors.
>

> This seems like the kind of thing we can document in our contributor guide?
>
> http://scikit-image.org/docs/stable/contribute.html#stylistic-guidelines

That seems a fairly sensible place to document this :)
But considering this affect many projects in the scipy community, I am
wondering if we should not try to combine efforts and link to a common page
somewhere on the web (maybe hosted on the scipy-lecture notes website?)
I am happy to work on this, either for scikit-image specifically or to
create the webpage somewhere else then edit the scikit-image contribution
guidelines to link to this document.

Cheers,