[scikit-image] Segmentation

Brian Perea brian.perea at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 25 15:58:16 EDT 2017

Hey Cedric,

Have you thought of applying the background mask from the simple watershed
to the final split mask? It seems that you should expect your foreground
and background areas to be constant, so you should be able to create a
boolean background mask (in code: > boolean_mask = watershed_mask ==
bg_label) from the first segmentation step and multiply the boolean mask by
your split mask (> final_mask = boolean_mask * split_mask). This should
preserve the foreground labels and set the background to zero uniformly.

Best wishes,
Brian