[scikit-image] the mechanism and implementation of generating a subimage from a large image

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 22 15:20:21 EST 2017

Hi wl,

It is unclear whether you want to extract features from each image, or
whether you want to downsample the images to represent the originals.
If you want to downsample, I'd recommend

http://scikit-image.org/docs/dev/api/skimage.transform.html#skimage.transform.downscale_local_mean

otherwise, use e.g., histogram of gradients as features.

Best regards

Stéfan