[scikit-image] Refactoring ndimage

Egor Panfilov egor.v.panfilov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 10:49:15 EDT 2017

Hi Jaime,

Very nice to hear that there is a major improvement to `scipy` on its way
:).

Regarding your questions:
- Typically, our `master` branch is pretty stable, and we're fixing the
arising bugs as fast as possible, so you might rely on our CI to be green.
>From my point of view, `skimage` could be a good place to host more or less
domain-specific tests, although I'm not really sure what does specificity
mean in case of `ndimage`: convolutions, rescaling, interpolation, basic
filtering are pretty generic;
- Please, also notice that we've recently switched from `nose` to `pytest`
(thanks to Nelle ;)), and any new tests should not have `nose` dependency;
- Not sure that I'll find enough time to contribute to the code by myself,
but it won't harm if you could provide to the public some directions on
where to start with `scipy.ndimage` C-code.

Keep up the great work, and best of luck! :)

Regards,
Egor Panfilov