[scikit-image] Refactoring ndimage

K.-Michael Aye kmichael.aye at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 17:04:36 EDT 2017

Awesome effort! ;)

Is it maybe worth, during the refactor, to evaluate how NDimage could be supportive for auto-parallelization?
I’m thinking that it somehow would be able to split off into embarrassingly parallel n tasks, if thrown to a n-core machine?

I’m sorry if I talk non-sense, I’m just fighting to get GLCM faster, when running it via “generic_filter” over large-ish images, so far not successful, even trying to use numba, but as many things are already running in Cython, so I guess I can’t expect much auto-improvements. ;)

So, I’m anticipating to have to go to a cluster for my hundreds of images I want to run multiple/many GLCM analyses on.

Thanks again for the developer docs, they are great!

Regards,
Michael