[scikit-image] Request to try a GitHub integration for automatic code style review | "PEP8Speaks" (Egor Panfilov)

Himanshu Mishra himanshu.mishra.kgp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 04:23:28 EDT 2017

> This also came across my radar today:
>
> https://landscape.io/

Hey Stefan,

I like landscape.io very much. landscape.io is *very* useful in detecting
potential errors and code smells. But it nags a lot like other bots. So,
disabling comments is ultimately the solution. Tried on StingraySoftware.

Hi Himanshu,

> The bot looks really nice! What would be the pre-requisites from our side
> to deploy it?
>
> @scikit-image/core,
>
> I'd vote to give it a try. What do you think about 3-4 months probation
> period for the bot? During the period we could evaluate how well it
> supplements our current practices, and how the contributors are responding.
>
> Regards,
> Egor

There are no prerequisites as of now. The integration can be simply enabled
from https://github.com/integration/pep8-speaks

A .pep8speaks.yml file can help in several configurations :
https://github.com/orkohunter/pep8speaks#configuration
but is not required. (This works quite similar to Travis)

Plus the integration is written as open source in Python and I would really
love to change around, as the community would expect.

Thank you.

--
Himanshu Mishra
Third Year Undergraduate