[scikit-image] Image deconvolution ...

Jérôme Kieffer google at terre-adelie.org
Thu Nov 23 02:00:42 EST 2017

Hi Juan,

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 12:33:21 +1100
Juan Nunez-Iglesias <jni.soma at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds great! I’ll admit that I’m not confident in this area either,
> but my reading of the documentation suggests that this is the right
> approach: the damping controls the square norm of x. By keeping it
> small (with large damping), you force the elements to be non-negative.

The approach looks OK, I am just a bit "unconfident" about tweeking a
factor to get the image I am expecting. Not very scientific when the
resulting image has to used as input for quantitative analysis.

> I hope the final picture looks good now! =) If you get a nice result,
> I suggest you write a blog post about it, with pictures. It sounds
> like a very cool use of SciPy, and would be a valuable addition to
> writeups about it!

This will be part of the documentation of pyFAI by the end of the year:
http://pyfai.readthedocs.io/en/latest/usage/tutorial/index.html

To Stefan, I am sorry I forgot about your PhD work. I will check again
your work, last time it was a different topic :)

Cheers,

Jerome