[scikit-image] shrink-wrapping filopodia

Randy Heiland randy.heiland at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 12:15:49 EST 2018

Hello, and thanks for the great software!

I thought I'd ask this community for suggestions on extracting the
outline/shape of some images involving biological filopodia. I've attached
a sample image where I manually captured one potential outline. And I've
put my initial scripts, data, results here:
https://github.com/rheiland/image_proc

I tried to "close" (edge2.py) the noisy edges, thinking that would be a
logical first step, but it didn't really do what I'd hoped.

thanks, Randy