[scikit-image] Fast Radial Symmetry Transform

Alexander Magsam Alexmagsam at outlook.com
Mon Jul 2 22:08:09 EDT 2018

Hello all,

I am new to this mailing list and would like to contribute the Fast Radial Symmetry Transform algorithm described in this paper:

Loy, Gareth, and Alexander Zelinsky. "Fast radial symmetry for detecting points of interest." IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis & Machine Intelligence 8 (2003): 959-973

This paper has over 600 citations, and I could not find this implemented with any image processing libraries. I have Python and Cython code I can contribute if this of interest to any of the other members. I will have to make some modifications to meet guidelines, but wanted to see initial thoughts from other members first.

Thanks,
Alex