[scikit-learn] Install sklearn into a specific folder to make some changes

Michael Eickenberg michael.eickenberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 16:15:30 EDT 2016

There are several ways of achieving this. One is to build scikit-learn in
place by going into the sklearn clone and typing

make in

or alternatively

python setup.py build_ext --inplace   # (i think)

Then you can use the environment variable PYTHONPATH, set to the github
clone, and python will give precedence to the clone whenever the variable
is set.

As an alternative, you can install your clone using

python setup.py develop

and then work on a branch. Checkout master and rebuild whenever you need
it. This would entail working on the same clone for master and development
(so your builtin default sklearn would be overrridden)

hth,
Michael