[scikit-learn] Github project management tools

Andy t3kcit at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 21:28:14 EST 2016

Hey Nelle.
That sounds great. My main question is how you'd expose this to the user.
Will it be a separate website? A bot? Emails? Greasemonkey on top of github?

Most of these could be implemented with tags that are automatically
assigned by a bot,  I guess.
That would be quite a few tags, though, and wouldn't work well for
filtering the ones I was active in.
Tickets that are being referred to many times also sound more like a
sorting of issues, not a tag.

And some of these are more of a "notification type", like "this project
has referred to this issue" is maybe
something that I want to be made aware of, say by a comment on the issue
(which triggers an email)
or a direct email to me.
Similarly I might be notified if someone forgot to close the ticket for
a PR (so I can go and check whether to close it).
I might want to be notified if any of my PRs become "unmergable".
A comment by a bot would alert everybody though, and an email to me only me.

The "PRs that haven't seen any discussion" is actually implemented in
github by sorting by comments, and I recently used that.

Also happy to (try to find time to) contribute code or discuss the
project with you guys!

To summarize, I think there are some low-hanging fruit for automatic
tagging and for sending emails with notifications,
and possibly for bots commenting.

I expect that doing anything that involves sorting (a subset of) issues
probably requires much more effort.

Andy