[scikit-learn] numpy.amin behaviour with multidimensionnal arrays

greg g greg315 at hotmail.fr
Thu Dec 29 17:06:50 EST 2016

Thanks

Is this a numpy specific terminology ?

For a multidimensionnal array with dimension=n and size l1 x l2 x ... x ln, does "along axis=0" mean that l2 x..x ln operations are performed scrolling first dimension, each operation on l1 elements,  and that an array with dimension n-1 and size l2 x..x ln containing the operations results is returned?

( Finally I'm not sure this sentence really clarify ... ;-) )